Monday, May 20, 2013

Pear in Blue Bowl with Strawberries Original Oil Painting 5x7 by Mary Ashley

Oil on Gesso Prepared Board 5x7"
Still painting in between just life in general! I have not been able to free myself from it to get back to painting full time. 
This is one in a series of paintings with pears. This is a blue crock bowl from my childhood and the strawberries are from my garden and are sweet and Delicious as you can tell.
It reminds me of when I was about 6 years old and my mom's garden had many rows of Red Ripe strawberries. Although I knew that none of the 12 brothers and sisters I grew up with would dare pick any until picking time, one bright sunny day I couldn't resist any longer and was picking them and eating them as fast as I could before I got caught. Oooh did I pay for that!
I am trying different subjects to paint and I never know what will be next! So do keep watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment